Kingbridge Conference Centre & Hotel Privacy Statement
Kingbridge Conference Centre & Hotel recognizes the importance of privacy, security and data protection. More importantly, we know that privacy is a fundamental human right. Our goal is to treat your personal information with the utmost respect.
Sometimes, the personal information might simply be an e-mail address so that we can send information to you. Other times, such as when you check-in, we will collect much more information. However, rest assured that at all times, we only collect your information with your consent and for a specific reason, and we will not abuse the trust that you place in us.
Purpose for the Collection of Personal Information:
Kingbridge Conference Centre & Hotel mainly collects your personal information to for the following reasons:
- Processing hotel reservations, meeting bookings, rental of banquet rooms, dining room reservations in order to meet local and federal regulations
- To properly manage emergencies that may occur such as building evacuations, fire, medical incidents etc.
- To secure and protect the purchasing of gift certificates and other products
- To inform you of Centre promotions, services and products
- To collect information via surveys to improve your future experiences at our property
- To confirm information necessary for credit transactions
- To enter guests in property draws for prizes at Special Events such as Mother’s Day
- To collect liability waivers for Team Building Activities
- To collect information regarding interest in booking and event
What Personal Information is Collected:
- Residential or Business Address
- Residential and or business telephone number
- Personal or business e-mail address
- Credit Card information
- Credit Information
- Special Request and Personal Preferences i.e. dates of travel, allergy friendly guestroom, location of Guestroom, dietary restrictions
- Social Media Data: We may provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with us on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites you use to make sure you understand the information that is collected, used, and shared by those sites
How the Information is Collected
Hotel Reservations – Telephone/Online
- In order to take and complete a telephone or online reservation, it is required that you provide us with personal information i.e. Name, Address, accommodation dates, preferences and credit card information. In the event you decline to provide your personal information, regrettably your reservation will not be processed.
- Hotel reservations may be handled either directly with the Hotel or online. Hotel reservations made online using the Hotel web site are communicated to the Hotel via third party service.
- Reservations made via phone or online directly with the Hotel will receive a confirmation number. Copy of confirmation letters and confirmation of all details of your reservation may be mailed, faxed or e-mailed to you if you require a copy. In the event that require the information after you have made the original reservation, you will be required to provide either your confirmation number, your name, address and reservation date as confirmation prior to the reservation details being released.
Room Registration Card/Guest Folio
- At time of registration/check-in, your personal data is required on the registration card i.e. Name, address, phone number, e-mail address, signature
- Records of charges incurred during your stay will be kept of your personal guest folio
- If you require a copy of your guest folio after you have left the property, you will have to confirm name and transaction amount before details will be sent
- By law if you do not provide the requested information then we may not be able to accommodate your stay. Please see section: Removal of Personal Information on how to request that your personal information be removed or restricted from use.
Event Function Contract and Invoice
- Your information is recorded in the contract you sign to reserve your function and space and book your event with Kingbridge
- The contract will contain your contact information such as Name, address, e-mail address
- Contract will also require that we collect your data in order to process payment. Data will include credit references and bank information in order to facilitate to credit worthiness and payment method
- Event surveys are sent out at the completion of your event and our completed on a voluntary basis.
- You will be asked for your contact information and to provide us with feedback on your experience at Kingbridge. This information is shared internally to provide you with the same of greater level of service upon your return to Kingbridge.
- From time to time we may run promotions. Your participation will be on a voluntary basis only. As such, you may be asked for contact information as well as your preferences pertaining to the promotion
Performance and Analytic Tools
- These tools collect aggregated, anonymous, statistical-type information to enable Kingbridge to measure, optimize and improve the content, quality and performance of its websites.
- We use our own and/or third-party Automatic Data Collection Tools to evaluate the use of our websites and services in order to enhance their performance and develop them according to the preferences of our customers and visitors. For example, Automatic Data Collection Tools may be used to: test different designs and to ensure that we maintain a consistent look and feel across our websites; track and provide trend analysis on how our users interact with our websites and communications; track errors and measure the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns. We use Adobe Analytics & Google Analytics, run by Google Inc., for example, to track website usage and activity.
- The data collected will generally be aggregated to provide trends and usage patterns for business analysis, site/platform improvement and performance metrics. Our Automatic Data Collection Tools or the resulting analysis may be also shared with our business partners. The type of information we collect includes how many visitors visit our websites, how many customers log in, when they visited, for how long and which areas of our websites and services but is generally not used to identify you individually.
- The Kingbridge website may contain links to other websites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links they are moving from the Kingbridge web site to another website or Internet Resource. Kingbridge has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other web sites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of the guest’s personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other sites to learn how they collect and use information
How We Use Data
- Data collected is used to provide you with a seamless customer experience by maintaining accurate contact and registration data, offering products and services that may interest you and enabling you to participate in contests and surveys.
- Assisting you in completing transactions and orders of our products or services, administering your account and processing payments
- Conducting ordinary business operations, verifying your identity, making credit decisions if you apply for credit, conducting business research and analytics, corporate reporting and management, staff training and quality assurance purposes.
- Providing personalized promotional offers (in accordance with your privacy preferences) on Kingbridge services and other selected partner websites. We might also share some your information with marketing service providers and digital marketing networks to present advertisements that might interest you.
Compliance with the Law
- Compliance with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, government and law enforcement requests, to operate our services and products properly and to protect ourselves, our users and our customers and to solve any customer disputes.
Storage of Information
- Your information may be stored electronically on Kingsbridge’s computer servers or third party servers, and/or in hard copy.
- To prevent loss, unauthorized access, use or disclosure and to ensure the appropriate use of your information, we utilize reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect and process.
- Kingbridge retains data as required or permitted by law and while the data continues to have a legitimate business purpose.
Kingbridge may disclose your personal information as permitted or required to by law. This may involve the following scenarios:
- Respond to a government institution or other person or entity that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information
- Comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court with competent jurisdiction to compel the production of information
- Comply with court rules regarding the production of information
- In the events we have grounds to believe information could be useful in the investigation of suspected unlawful activity
Viewing of Personal Information
- You may ask to review any of your personal data collected by Kingbridge and inquire into its use by contacting the Privacy Manager
- Subject to certain exceptions provided by law, and provided we can authenticate your identity, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and to have it amended as appropriate
- In the event you request your personal information specifically from a guest folio or restaurant charge, this can be done by contacting the Finance Department.
Correction of Personal Information
- Should you wish to correct your personal information, you can do so by contacting Guest Services or Sales
Removal of Personal Information
- Requests can be made to remove information from our records.
- These requests are subject to the continued retention or your information for billing and the retention of accounting records as required by Federal and Provincial laws
- All information will be disposed of when it is no longer required by law
Questions, Concerns or Complaints
- Any questions, concerns, and/or complaints about our Privacy Statement and Policies stated in this document may be directed to our Privacy Manager.
- The Privacy Manager will respond to your request in timely manner, typically within five (5) working days
Privacy Manager Contact Information:
Name: Anthony Sguigna
Title: Director of Finance
Telephone #: (905)833-6511
Fax #: (905)833-6507
The Kingbridge Centre
12750 Jane Street
King City, Ontario
If for any reason you are not satisfied with the results of our investigation of and response to your complaint, you may file a complaint with the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at:
Office of the Federal Privacy Commissoner
112 Kent Street
Telephone #: (613)947-1698
Changes to our Privacy Statement
- If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date.
Original Date of Policy Creation: April 18, 2019